Top Pair Podcast 299: Interview with Bernard Lee
In episode 299 of the Top Pair Home Game Poker Podcast, Bruce Briggs and Robbie Strazynski interview longtime successful poker pro and media member Bernard Lee. We dive deep to discover how Bernard first fell in love with the game and learn about the home games he’s been playing in for an astounding two decades! There’s also a heartwarming look at Bernard’s annual charity initiative towards homeless children in the Boston area.
Plus, the always-popular “How Ya’ Runnin’?” segment and a laugh-out-loud “One Outer” you won’t want to miss.
Show Time Stamps
00:23 – Synopsis
1:07–13:48 How Ya Runnin?
Bruce: Got an invite for 30 people to a sneak preview screening of Molly’s Game
Robbie: Back to the winning ways in the Dealer’s Choice home game. Always fun to only buy in once, end up with a big win! Completed the “Running Well” 1,000km Charity Challenge for Kids Kicking Cancer.
14:40–1:13:08 Look Who We’ve Found (Interview)
14:40 Bernard Lee introduction.
16:25 Tell us about the weekly home game you’ve been part of for 20 years.
22:06 What are the stakes you play for in the home game?
26:47 Any poker in your life prior to this longtime home game? How about the early years?
33:20 Which games to choose in Dealer’s Choice sessions/tournaments
39:43 10th anniversary of the Bernard Lee Poker Show, special memories, accomplishments – interviewing almost all of the November Niners over the years.
54:09 Has year #10 of doing the show felt any different? Any unique response from Bernard’s audience this year?
58:57 Bernard’s charity initiatives: One Step Closer Foundation Cerebral Palsy poker tournament fundraisers + Full House Charity program for homeless children and families in Boston.
1:13:47 – One Outer – Dad’s “official rubber”
You can subscribe to PokerNews’ Top Pair Home Game Poker podcast on iTunes here, or you can access the RSS feed here. The PokerNews Podcast family of podcasts is now available on audioBoom.
*First 296 episodes are archived and available at www.toppair.net
Be sure to complete your PokerNews experience by checking out an overview of our mobile and tablet apps here. Stay on top of the poker world from your phone with our mobile iOS and Android app, or fire up our iPad app on your tablet. You can also update your own chip counts from poker tournaments around the world with MyStack on both Android and iOS.
In this Series
- 1 Top Pair Podcast 297: Welcome to PokerNews; Sarah Herring Interview
- 2 Top Pair Podcast 298: Mixed Games - The Rules of... "Scrotum"
- 3 Top Pair Podcast 299: Interview with Bernard Lee
- 4 Top Pair Podcast 300: Sean Chaffin Talks 'True Gambling Stories'
- 5 Top Pair Podcast 301: When a Poker Noob Wins a Bad Beat Jackpot
- 6 Top Pair Podcast 302: Interview with Chris Moneymaker
- 7 Top Pair Podcast 303: Interview w/ New Home Game Player Shannon Mack
- 8 Top Pair Podcast 304: For a Successful Home Game, Just Stay Calm!
- 9 Top Pair Podcast 305: Interview with John Hesp
- 10 Top Pair Podcast 306: Who's At Your Ultimate Fantasy Home Poker Game?
- 11 Top Pair Podcast 307: Interview with Scott Blumstein
- 12 Top Pair Podcast 308: The Ultimate Ladies Home Poker Game
- 13 Top Pair Podcast 309: Home Game Dealing, Shuffling, and Tipping
- 14 Top Pair Podcast 310: Interview With Lupe Soto
- 15 Top Pair Podcast 311: WPT TOC, SHRB, Short Deck, and Bad Beats Aplenty
- 16 Top Pair Podcast 312: Interview with Aria Poker Room's Mike Williams
- 17 Top Pair Podcast 313: Behind the Scenes at the 2018 WSOP Main Event