WSOP Day 38: Huge Day 2c in the Main, John Pannucci Leads $1,500 NLH
As the Main Event continues to roll forward at the Rio on Friday, plenty of other poker continues including the second day of play in Event #66: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em where John Pannucci returns as chip leader. Also coming back in that one are Kenny Hallaert, Matt Glantz, and Victor Ramdin.
Another "postlim," Event #67: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Bounty, also kicks off today.
Meanwhile in the $10,000 No-Limit Hold'em MAIN EVENT, Shawn Daniels led the field after Thursday's Day 2ab with a massive Day 2c field scheduled to come back today. Among those making it through yesterday to Saturday's Day 3 were Main Event champions Chris Ferguson, Johnny Chan, Scotty Nguyen, and Greg Merson.
A total of 2,460 players returned for yesterday's 2ab with only about 1,235 advancing to Day 3. Shawn Daniels ended the night atop the counts after bagging 532,500. Daniels has amassed $470,531 in live tournament winnings including a 72nd-place Main Event finish in the 2017 for $101,444.
Behind Daniels are Eric Liebeler (531,000), Samuel Bernabeu (524,000), Michael Dyer (502,400), and Casey McCarrel (501,800). Other notables making Day 3 include Brian Altman (476,500), Kelly Minkin (380,800), Christopher Kruk (370,500), Ben Yu (311,000), Eric Hicks (300,000), and Chris Hunichen (207,100).
As noted also, four Main Event champions survived yesterday to return to play Day 4: Chris Ferguson (160,000), Johnny Chan (107,200), Scotty Nguyen (74,300), and Greg Merson (68,300).
Some of those who hit the rail yesterday included two-time ME final tablist Antoine Saout, Erik Seidel, Tony Dunst, Gaelle Baumann, and Jeremy Ausmus. WSOP ME champs Joe Hachem and Ryan Riess also busted yesterday, as did last year's fourth-place finisher John Hesp.
Friday brings Day 2c with 3,480 players returning to vie for Saturday's combined Day 3. Check back to PokerNews starting at 11 a.m. for continued coverage of the Main Event.
There were 1,351 entries for this side event yesterday, from which only 227 remain for Day 2. John Pannucci bagged the biggest stack with 235,400. Pannucci has only $33,797 in live tournament earnings, and will be looking for the biggest score of his career if he can keep his big run going.
With a prize pool of $1,823,850, the winner will take home a top prize of $323,472. Rounding out the top five are Akin Tuna (169,900), 2016 November Niner Kenny Hallaert (155,400), Kfir Nahum (151,400), and Chen Yu Hung (135,900).
Other notables returning include Mark Radoja (54,000), Mikhail Semin (51,500), Matt Glantz (41,300), Victor Ramdin (23,500), Jimmy Guerrero (23,300), Richard Dubini (22,400), Gaelle Baumann (14,900), and Dutch Boyd (11,800).
Play resumes on Friday at 2 p.m. and PokerNews will be there. Click here to follow along with the live updates.
Event #67: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Bounty
The WSOP offers another chance for PLO players today with an event that should make for a nice way to head into the weekend. This tournament gets underway at 3 p.m. and players begin with 7,500 starting chips. Levels last 60 minutes with late registration available for six levels.
As a bounty tournament, players will receive $500 from the prize pool for every player they eliminate. This is a new event to the schedule and plenty of bounty hunters will be out in force. Stay with PokerNews today for updates from this event as well.
Sean Chaffin is a freelance writer in Crandall, Texas. His work appears in numerous websites and publications. Follow him on Twitter @PokerTraditions. He is also the host of the True Gambling Stories podcast, available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn Radio, Spotify, Stitcher, PokerNews.com, HoldemRadio.com, and TrueGamblingStories.com.
In this Series
- 1 WSOP Day 1: It’s Showtime – with Casino Employees Championship and $10K Super Turbo
- 2 WSOP Day 2: Jodie Sanders Leads Casino Employees Event; Shootout & Omaha Hi/Lo on Tap
- 3 WSOP Day 3: Hellmuth, McKeehen, Cada Advance to Final 50 in Shootout
- 4 WSOP Day 4: Joe's Ready for Shootout Final Table, $100K Day 2 Awaits
- 5 WSOP Day 5: Petrangelo & Fox Lead $100K, Martini & Hoang Chasing Gold
- 6 WSOP Day 6: Vitch leads Triple Draw, Hellmuth Makes Day 2 in Omaha-8
- 7 WSOP Day 7: Elezra Leads $10K Omaha Hi-Lo, Hennigan Ahead in Dealer’s Choice
- 8 WSOP Day 8: Eli Elezra Seeks Fourth Bracelet Today in $10K Omaha Hi-Lo
- 9 WSOP Day 9: Racener, Deeb at Final Tables, Hellmuth Advances in H.O.R.S.E.
- 10 WSOP Day 10: Bonomo Looking for $10K Heads-Up Title, Negreanu Advances
- 11 WSOP Day 11: Bonomo Among Leaders in $5K NLHE, Zinno Leads Dealer's Choice
- 12 WSOP Day 12: Duhamel Looks for 4th Bracelet, Negreanu Advances to Day 2
- 13 WSOP Day 13: Negreanu, Matusow, Racener in Final 16 of 8-Game Mix
- 14 WSOP Day 14: Doyle Brunson Returns Looking for Bracelet #11
- 15 WSOP Day 15: Joe McKeehen Runs Deep in MILLIONAIRE MAKER
- 16 WSOP Day 16: Martin Jacobson, Scotty Nguyen Playing Deep in MARATHON
- 17 WSOP Day 17: Jason Mercier, Martin Jacobson Looking to Add Bracelets
- 18 WSOP Day 18: Glaser, Matusow, Negreanu, Bonomo Advance in PPC
- 19 WSOP Day 19: Michael Mizrachi, Phil Ivey Lead Poker Players Championship
- 20 WSOP Day 20: Mizrachi Leads Final 12 in $50K PPC, Ivey Still in Hunt
- 21 WSOP Day 21: Michael Mizrachi Aims for Third $50K PPC Title, 6 Remain
- 22 WSOP Day 22: Phil Hellmuth Advances in $1,500 NLHE Shootout
- 23 WSOP Day 23: Daniel Negreanu Returns Third in Chips in $25K PLO HR
- 24 WSOP Day 24: Yu Leads Biggest Omaha Tournament of Year, Negreanu Falls
- 25 WSOP Day 25: Scotty Nguyen Leads the $25K PLO
- 26 WSOP Day 26: Ferguson Looks for No. 7; Lamb, Mizrachi Advance in $10K PLO
- 27 WSOP Day 27: Hellmuth Advances in Razz, Big Names in Monster Stack
- 28 WSOP Day 28: Brandon Shack-Harris Leads Final 6 in $10K PLO
- 29 WSOP Day 29: Elezra, Hellmuth, Negreanu Return in $1,500 PLO Hi-Lo
- 30 WSOP Day 30: Gamble, Matusow, Negreanu in $1,500 PLO Hi-Lo Final 20
- 31 WSOP Day 31: John Hennigan Among Chip Leaders in $10,000 Razz Championship
- 32 WSOP Day 32: Anderson and Kassela Return to Battle for RAZZ Bracelet
- 33 WSOP Day 33: Jean-Robert Bellande Leads Final 6 in $5K NLHE 6-Handed
- 34 WSOP Day 34: Main Event Kicks Off, Mizrachi Leads PLO Giant
- 35 WSOP Day 35: Scotty Nguyen, Joe Hachem, Ray Romano Advance in Main Event
- 36 WSOP Day 36: Fireworks Expected on Day 1c of the Main Event
- 37 WSOP Day 37: Galen Hall Looks for 888 Title, Big Names Return in Main Event
- 38 WSOP Day 38: Huge Day 2c in the Main, John Pannucci Leads $1,500 NLH
- 39 WSOP Day 39: Tan Leads $1,500 NLHE; Hellmuth, Ivey Back for Main Day 3
- 40 WSOP Day 40: Hallaert Bags Big in Little One, Ivey Makes Day 4 of ME
- 41 WSOP Day 41: Minkin Making Another Main Event Run, Solomon Leads PLO
- 42 WSOP Day 42: Dyer Leads Main With Cada Still In, Bohlman Goes for Double
- 43 WSOP Day 43: Big Names Left in $5K NLHE, Cada Advances in Main Event
- 44 WSOP Day 44: Three More Bracelets Awarded As Main Event Finale Begins
- 45 WSOP Day 45: Volpe Seeks Bracelet, Dyer Leads Final 6 and Cada in Main
- 46 WSOP Day 46: Main Event Reaches Finale, Eibinger Leads $50K High Roller
- 47 WSOP Day 47: Big One for One Drop Begins, Kessler, ElkY Big Stacks in Closer