Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi Denies Chris Moorman Second Bracelet in 2020 WSOP Online Event #58
Table Of Contents
Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi of Israel has won his first bracelet in Event #58: $5,000 No Limit Hold'em 6-Handed Championship. Garbi battled his way through a 672-entry field to end up heads-up against bracelet winner Chris Moorman. He ultimately denied the British online legend his second bracelet to win his first gold and the first-place prize of $531,513. Moorman received $398,393 for finishing runner-up.
This is by far Garbi's biggest lifetime score to date. The Israeli's lifetime live earnings on The Hendon Mob top at just $29,132, and while this is the third cash for Garbi during this GGPoker World Series of Poker (WSOP) Online series, it's the first time he's gotten to the final 100. Needless to say, the third time ended up being the charm.
Plenty of crushers ran deep in the event, such as Norwegian high roller Preben Stokkan who completed the podium and won $292,021. Popular pro Ludovic "Gr4vyB04t" Geilich finished fifth for $156,898, Mikita Badziakouski finished seventh for $84,299, and an earlier bracelet winner this series, Hun Lee, ended up in eight place worth $61,791.
The cards are in the air in the GGPoker WSOP Online. The PokerNews live reporting team is on top of all things WSOP. Don't miss a beat!
Event $58: $5,000 No Limit Hold'em 6-Handed Championship Final Table Results
|1||Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi||Israel||$531,513|
|2||Chris Moorman||United Kingdom||$398,393|
|4||Urmo "PidrPan" Velvelt||Estonia||$214,051|
|5||Ludovic "Gr4vyB04t" Geilich||United Kingdom||$156,898|
|6||Shyngis "somebodyelse" Satubayev||Kazakhstan||$115,006|
|8||Hun Wei Lee||Australia||$61,791|
|9||Alan "TheCockroach" Schein||United States||$45,293|
Action of the Day
Event #58: $5,000 No Limit Hold'em 6-Handed Championship drew 672 entries total, creating a juicy $3,193,000 prize pool to be split 92 ways. Action was fast and furious throughout the tournament, and players didn't take long getting into the money stages.
Kathy "YouMakeMeWet" Sathaphan ended up bubbling, leaving the remaining 98 players guaranteed $10,721. Once the bubble burst, things really took off. Less than an hour later, GGPoker's Daniel Negreanu, again making a deep run this summer, ended up in 39th place for $14,599 when he ran an ace into the pocket sevens of Viktor Kudinov.
Along the way, Brandon Adams, Connor Drinan, Ami Barer, David Peters, and Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier dropped by the wayside, but with money for their collective efforts.
Things didn't really slow down until they got to 12 remaining, about an hour later. After Davidi Kitai fell in 12th place, it took nearly another hour before GGPoker streamer Michiel "Easterdamnz" Van Elsacker busted running sixes into the sevens of Ludovic "Gr4vyB04t" Geilich. A few minutes later, Francisco "VaPaCooler" Benitez got eliminated to set the final table of nine, a staple of the GGPoker series despite the format being 6-handed.
That set up a two hour final table including the $10K Short Deck runner-up Mikita Badziakouski, Moorman and Geilich. They played nine-handed for almost an hour before the dam broke, and Alan "TheCockroach" Schein, Hun Wei Lee, Badziakouski, and Shyngis "somebodyelse" Satubayev were flushed out in short order.
Down to five, Geilich was next to go when his ace-high couldn't hold against Urmo "PidrPan" Velvelt, but it was the latter finishing fourth just a few minutes later. Preben Stokkan dropped out a few minutes later by shoving ace-seven into Garbi's aces to set up the heads-up clash.
Moorman and Garbi played heads up for about 30 minutes, where the Brit chipped back up from an initial deficit to even the stacks and take the lead. He dropped back again, then doubled into the lead on a cooler that saw Moorman flop top boat against the trip queens of Garbi.
But Garbi came back swinging with a huge double of his own when he flopped the flush against Moorman. That left Moorman short-stacked, and his money went in soon after when he called off a shove from Garbi with queen-ten. Garbi held king-eight and five blanks later, it was all over. Moorman took second for almost $400K, adding to his countless live and online winnings. The $531,513 win was a bigger deal for Garbi as it was his biggest lifetime score and first bracelet.
2020 WSOP Online Bracelet Winners on GGPoker
|7/26/20||Event #32: $100 The Opener||29,306||$2,571,216||Marcelo Jakovljevic Pudla||$265,880|
|7/26/20||Event #33: $1,111 Every 1 for Covid Relief||2,323||$2,580,853||Alek "astazz" Stasiak||$343,204|
|7/19/20||Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty No-Limit Hold'em 6-Handed||2,214||$1,107,000||Shoma "pp_syon" Ishikawa||$117,650|
|7/21/20||Event #35: $5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Championship||328||$1,558,000||Juha Helppi||$290,286|
|7/22/20||Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE||1,342||$1,912,350||Michael Clacher||$297,496|
|7/23/20||Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha||971||$971,000||Hun Wei Lee||$161,886|
|7/25/20||Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max||2,007||$1,143,990||Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya||$171,389|
|7/26/20||Event #39: $1,500 No Limit Hold'em||922||$1,313,850||Roberto Romanello||$212,613|
|7/26/20||Event #40: $2,500 Pot Limit Omaha||532||$1,253,500||Simon Lofberg||$224,493|
|8/1/20||Event #41: COLOSSUS||12,757||$4,796,632||Ranno Sootla||$595,930|
|8/1/20||Event #42: PLOSSUS||4,356||$1,637,856||Yuri Dzivieleski||$227,557|
|7/28/20||Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship||130||$1,261,000||Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb||$276,393|
|7/29/20||Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed||892||$2,118,500||Kristen Bicknell||$356,412|
|7/30/20||Event #45: $840 Bounty NLHE||2,382||$1,905,600||Patrick "Muddington" Kennedy||$245,448|
|8/1/20||Event #46: $500 Deepstack||2,307||$1,095,825||Sung Joo "ArtePokerTV" Hyun||$161,898|
|8/2/20||Event #47: $1,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em||487||$462,560||Paul Teoh||$82,202|
|8/8/20||Event #48: $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER, $5M Gtd.||6,299||$8,976,075||Daniel Dvoress||$1,489,289|
|8/2/20||Event #49: $500 Turbo Deepstack No Limit Hold'em||2,978||$1,414,550||Vladas Burneikis||$192,523|
|8/4/20||Event #50: $2,100 No Limit Hold'em Bounty Championship||1,168||$2,336,000||Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci||$327,319|
|8/5/20||Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha||2,005||$753,880||Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea||$100,945|
|8/6/20||Event #52: $1,000 NLHE||2,006||$1,905,700||Alek "astazz" Stasiak||$273,505|
|8/8/20||Event #53: $800 Double Stack Pot Limit Omaha||831||$631,560||Frank "Sbma2016" Crivello||$94,253|
|8/9/20||Event #55: HK$8,000 NLHE Asia Championship||3,247||$3,208,036||Luis "Xapilskinha" Assuncao Garla||$461,709|
|8/9/20||Event #56: $1,500 GGMasters WSOP Edition [High Roller]||2,153||$3,068,025||Seth "AbeFroman" Fischer||$444,869|
|8/9/20||Event #57: $150 GGMasters WSOP Edition||9,835||$1,357,230||Anatoly "Pohitrusha" Suvarov||$183,526|
|8/11/20||Event #58: $5,000 No Limit Hold'em 6-Handed Championship||672||$3,192,000||Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi||$531,513|
Sign Up for a GGPoker Account Through PokerNews
If you want to play in the WSOP 2020 Online on GGPoker, you'll need to sign up for an account. By downloading GGPoker via PokerNews entitles you to a welcome bonus worth up to $600. Your first deposit is matched 200% up to a maximum of $600, setting you up nicely in time for the WSOP Online.
The bonus releases into your account in $10 increments each time you earn 6,000 Fish Buffet Points, which is the equivalent of $60 in rake or tournament fees.
The 2020 Online World Series of Poker rolls on Wednesday with Event #59: $2,500 Double Stack No Limit Hold'em. Make sure to return to PokerNews and not miss out on the latest updates as the WSOP on GGPoker is at the halfway point.
In this Series
- 1 Shoma Ishikawa Wins First WSOP Bracelet on GGPoker in Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty
- 2 Finnish Poker Legend Juha Helppi Wins Second Bracelet in Event #35: $5,000 PLO Championship
- 3 Michael "YesPlease" Clacher Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE
- 4 Hun Wei Lee Wins Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha ($161,886)
- 5 Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya Wins Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max ($171,389)
- 6 GGPoker WSOP Online Recap: Triple Crown Winner, Final Tables Confirmed and More!
- 7 Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb Wins Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship
- 8 Kristen Bicknell Wins Her Third Bracelet in Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed for $356,412
- 9 Dzivielevski Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online PLOSSUS; More Winners Crowned
- 10 Two More Winners Crowned in 2020 WSOP Online; Millionaire Maker Final Table Confirmed
- 11 Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci Wins WSOP Bracelet in Event #50: $2,100 Bounty Championship
- 12 Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha ($100,945)
- 13 Alek "astazz" Stasiak Becomes First Double-Bracelet Winner of 2020 WSOP Online
- 14 Daniel Dvoress Wins 2020 WSOP Online Event #48: $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER ($1,489,289)
- 15 High Rollers Dominate Final Four $10K Heads-Up; Crivello Captures PLO Bracelet
- 16 GGMasters Smashes $1m Guarantee as Three WSOP Online Bracelet-Winners Crowned
- 17 Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi Denies Chris Moorman Second Bracelet in 2020 WSOP Online Event #58
- 18 Another Bracelet for Brazil: Leonardo "Babaehduro" Mattos Wins WSOP Online Event #59
- 19 Orhan "yirtil" Ates Becomes First Turkish Bracelet Winner in WSOP Online Event #60
- 20 David Peters Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online Event #54: $10,000 Heads Up NLHE Championship
- 21 Ivan Zufic Bags Over $800k After Winning WSOP Online Mini Main Event
- 22 Dmytro "Too Bad" Bystrovzorov Wins WSOP Online Event #65: $600 NLHE Deepstack Championship