Finnish Poker Legend Juha Helppi Wins Second Bracelet in Event #35: $5,000 PLO Championship
Table Of Contents
The 2020 GGPoker WSOP Online Bracelet Events have crowned their second champion of the festival and it was Finnish high-stakes poker legend Juha Helppi who doubled his gold bracelet tally in Event #35 $5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Championship. Helppi who claimed the lion's share of the $1,558,000 prize pool after topping a field of 328 entries, receiving a first-place prize of $290,286 to go along with the coveted prize.
Helppi, a staple of European high-stakes poker for decades, had to wait a long time for his maiden WSOP victory but finally got the monkey off his back last year, when he took down Event #72 $10,000 Limit Hold'em Championship for $306,622.
The Finn already boasts nearly $8,000,000 in lifetime winnings according to The Hendon Mob, as well as countless winnings in the high-stakes PLO cash games he's been frequenting on the European circuit.
A total of 85 bracelets will be won online from July to September this year. Find out more information right here on PokerNews!
2020 WSOP Online Event #35 Final Table Results
|3||Belarmino "Iseey0urcard" De Souza||Brazil||$156,688|
|5||Jens "98snaeJ" Kyllonen||Finland||$84,576|
|8||Marija "Maj Chenzie" Andrijasevic||Serbia||$33,540|
|9||Alex "rubbherducky" Difelice||Canada||$24,641|
Kyllonen, Dzivielevski Make Final Table
Once the nicknames were turned into real names for all nine finalists, Helppi's countryman Jens Kyllonen — ubiquitously known as "Jeans89" at the high-stakes PLO tables — was also revealed. Truth be told, Kyllonen's GGPoker nickname of "98snaeJ", with the accompanying Finnish flag, left little doubt to the railbirds who was behind the moniker.
Kyllonen was one of two other players with a WSOP bracelet to their name along with Brazil's Yuri Dzivielevski. Kyllonen played a vital role in the early stages of the final table by sending three opponents to the rail but eventually had to settle for fifth place.
Alex Difelice was one of Kyllonen's victims and confirmed his hot streak on the virtual felt in the last few months with yet another deep run. The Canadian was part of a three-way deal in the 2020 SCOOP Main Event and also claimed a WSOP Circuit ring during the previous festival on the GGNetwork after topping a huge field of 2,614 entries in the $1,000 PLO Main Event under his illustrious moniker "rubbherducky."
Action of the Day
The action kicked off with more than 70 players in their seats and that number grew by the minute. Especially towards the end of the late registration and reentry period, plenty of big names appeared and vanished without anything to show.
Cortes emerged as one of the chip leaders when he hit a one-outer for quads, and the eliminations kept coming at a rapid pace.
Towards the money bubble, the action suddenly slowed down. Eventually, Maxi Lehmanski and Brian Green bowed out at the same time on different tables with Green holding fewer chips to become the bubble boy.
In the blink of an eye, two tables closed and it didn't take long to reach the final three tables. Stephen Chidwick, Dario Alioto, Isaac Haxton, George Wolff and Anson Tsang all hit the rail in rather swift fashion. On the final table bubble, Thai Ha lost a big pot with straight under straight against Mike Watson, and Shyngis Satubayev also came up short.
While Kyllonen did the leg work to trim down the contenders for the WSOP bracelet, he doubled Helppi who then took over control and remained near the top of the leaderboard for the remainder of the night.
In heads-up play, Helppi flopped top set twice and Cortes would not recover from that to come up one spot shy of poker history.
2020 Online WSOP Bracelet Winners on GGPoker
|7/19/20||Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty No-Limit Hold'em 6-Handed||2,214||$1,107,000||Shoma "pp_syon" Ishikawa||$117,650|
|7/21/20||Event #35: $5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Championship||328||$1,558,000||Juha Helppi||$290,286|
Sign Up for a GGPoker Account Through PokerNews
If you want to play in the WSOP 2020 Online on GGPoker, you'll need to sign up for an account. By downloading GGPoker via PokerNews entitles you to a welcome bonus worth up to $600. Your first deposit is matched 200% up to a maximum of $600, setting you up nicely in time for the WSOP Online.
The bonus releases into your account in $10 increments each time you earn 6,000 Fish Buffet Points, which is the equivalent of $60 in rake or tournament fees.
That wraps up the PokerNews live updates for tonight but thenext WSOP bracelet events on GGPoker are already around the corner. PokerNews is back on Wednesday at 6p GMT for live coverage of Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK No Limit Hold'em.
In this Series
- 1 Shoma Ishikawa Wins First WSOP Bracelet on GGPoker in Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty
- 2 Finnish Poker Legend Juha Helppi Wins Second Bracelet in Event #35: $5,000 PLO Championship
- 3 Michael "YesPlease" Clacher Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE
- 4 Hun Wei Lee Wins Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha ($161,886)
- 5 Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya Wins Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max ($171,389)
- 6 GGPoker WSOP Online Recap: Triple Crown Winner, Final Tables Confirmed and More!
- 7 Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb Wins Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship
- 8 Kristen Bicknell Wins Her Third Bracelet in Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed for $356,412
- 9 Dzivielevski Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online PLOSSUS; More Winners Crowned
- 10 Two More Winners Crowned in 2020 WSOP Online; Millionaire Maker Final Table Confirmed
- 11 Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci Wins WSOP Bracelet in Event #50: $2,100 Bounty Championship
- 12 Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha ($100,945)
- 13 Alek "astazz" Stasiak Becomes First Double-Bracelet Winner of 2020 WSOP Online
- 14 Daniel Dvoress Wins 2020 WSOP Online Event #48: $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER ($1,489,289)
- 15 High Rollers Dominate Final Four $10K Heads-Up; Crivello Captures PLO Bracelet
- 16 GGMasters Smashes $1m Guarantee as Three WSOP Online Bracelet-Winners Crowned
- 17 Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi Denies Chris Moorman Second Bracelet in 2020 WSOP Online Event #58
- 18 Another Bracelet for Brazil: Leonardo "Babaehduro" Mattos Wins WSOP Online Event #59
- 19 Orhan "yirtil" Ates Becomes First Turkish Bracelet Winner in WSOP Online Event #60
- 20 David Peters Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online Event #54: $10,000 Heads Up NLHE Championship
- 21 Ivan Zufic Bags Over $800k After Winning WSOP Online Mini Main Event
- 22 Dmytro "Too Bad" Bystrovzorov Wins WSOP Online Event #65: $600 NLHE Deepstack Championship