Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha ($100,945)
Table Of Contents
After more than ten and a half hours, the next first-time winner has been crowned in the 2020 GGPoker WSOP Online Bracelet Events and it was Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea who triumphed in Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha. The event created a field of 2,005 entries and prize pool of $753,880, of which O'Dea earned the biggest slice worth $100,945 after defeating Nital "4TheAnimals" Jethalal in heads-up.
While O'Dea is perhaps known to many as a finalist of the 2011 WSOP Main Event in Las Vegas, he has a lot of cashes in PLO tournaments to his name. Most notably, he reached the final table of the $10,000 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed Championship in 2017 and 2019, finishing in 6th place both times.
The cards are in the air in the GGPoker WSOP Online. The PokerNews live reporting team is on top of all things WSOP. Don't miss a beat!
O'Dea becomes the fifth Irish player to win the coveted WSOP gold bracelet and further grows the family legacy in a rare feat on the international poker circuit. His father Donnacha O'Dea, an Irish poker legend, left big footsteps to follow in as he was the first Irishman to earn this merit back in 1998. Perhaps, it comes as no surprise that the "The Don" also claimed his victory in the great game of PLO and Eoghan can now claim one of his own.
The nine-handed final table also featured Spanish race car driver Daniel "BoooooBie" Juncadella, Lorenzo "EhUsGuri" Bazei, and the two South Africans Jarred "Solosalt" Solomon and Robert "Bobzothejock" Le Roux.
2020 Online WSOP Event #51: $400 Pot-Limit Omaha Final Table Results
|Place||Winner||Country||Prize (in USD)|
|1||Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea||Ireland||$100,945*|
|2||Nital "4TheAnimals" Jethalal||Canada||$81,963|
|3||Robert "Bobzothejock" Le Roux||South Africa||$59,480|
|4||Benjamin "Wapbap" Voreland||Norway||$43,165|
|5||Jarred "Solosalt" Solomon||South Africa||$31,325|
|6||Chi Chung "chipuker" Ho||Hong Kong||$22,732|
|7||Ruslan "zverrmvp" Nazarenko||Ukraine||$16,497|
|8||Lorenzo "EhUsGuri" Bazei||Brazil||$11,972|
|9||Dani "BoooooBie" Juncadella||Spain||$8,688|
*the winner also receives a WSOP Europe package valued at $12,000
The Day's Action
Action got underway at 2 p.m. Eastern time, and a steady stream of entries swelled the field to over 2,000 entries. That put $753,880 into the prize pool, with 278 players getting a share of that.
They didn't waste any time getting into the money. There were only five levels of play before players started getting paid, and another two levels saw them down to 130 left. In the end, it took about nine hours to whittle the field down to the final nine players. Along the way, players like Roberto Romanello, Dan Smith, and Danny Tang collected small payouts.
One player in the final nine was at least as well known off the felt as on. Dani Juncadella has a few cashes in no limit hold'em events to his name, but he's also a professional driver in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters for Team R-Motorsport II and former Formula 1 test driver. His stay at the final table was brief, however, ending his day in ninth place for $8,688.
It didn't take long to lose Bazei and Ruslan "zverrmvp" Nazarenko in eighth and seventh, with Chi Chung "chipuker" Ho out in 5th shortly after. They traded pots for about 20 minutes before Solomon ended his day in fifth place for $31,325 and within 20 minutes, they were heads up after Benjamin "Wapbap" Voreland and Le Roux quickly fell in fourth and third.
O'Dea came into heads up with a solid chip lead and was never at risk. Jethalal managed to chip up in a few smaller pots, but O'Dea took it down a few hands in when Jethalal flopped two pair and a straight draw and got it in against O'Dea's top set.
The Canadian bricked the turn and river and had to settle for second place and $81,963 while O'Dea scored more than $100,000 as well as a bracelet to match his father's.
2020 Online WSOP Bracelet Winners on GGPoker
|7/26/20||Event #32: $100 The Opener||29,306||$2,571,216||Marcelo Jakovljevic Pudla||$265,880|
|7/26/20||Event #33: $1,111 Every 1 for Covid Relief||2,323||$2,580,853||Alek Stasiak||$343,204|
|7/19/20||Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty No-Limit Hold'em 6-Handed||2,214||$1,107,000||Shoma "pp_syon" Ishikawa||$117,650|
|7/21/20||Event #35: $5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Championship||328||$1,558,000||Juha Helppi||$290,286|
|7/22/20||Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE||1,342||$1,912,350||Michael Clacher||$297,496|
|7/23/20||Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha||971||$971,000||Hun Wei Lee||$161,886|
|7/25/20||Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max||2,007||$1,143,990||Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya||$171,389|
|7/26/20||Event #39: $1,500 No Limit Hold'em||922||$1,313,850||Roberto Romanello||$212,613|
|7/26/20||Event #40: $2,500 Pot Limit Omaha||532||$1,253,500||Simon Lofberg||$224,493|
|8/1/20||Event #41: COLOSSUS||12,757||$4,796,632||Ranno Sootla||$595,930|
|8/1/20||Event #42: PLOSSUS||4,356||$1,637,856||Yuri Dzivieleski||$227,557|
|7/28/20||Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship||130||$1,261,000||Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb||$276,393|
|7/29/20||Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed||892||$2,118,500||Kristen Bicknell||$356,412|
|7/30/20||Event #45: $840 Bounty NLHE||2,382||$1,905,600||Patrick "Muddington" Kennedy||$245,448|
|8/1/20||Event #46: $500 Deepstack||2,307||$1,095,825||Sung Joo "ArtePokerTV" Hyun||$161,898|
|8/2/20||Event #47: $1,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em||487||$462,560||Paul Teoh||$82,202|
|8/2/20||Event #49: $500 Turbo Deepstack No Limit Hold'em||2,978||$1,414,550||Vladas Burneikis||$192,523|
|8/4/20||Event #50: $2,100 No Limit Hold'em Bounty Championship||1,168||$2,336,000||Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci||$327,319|
|8/5/20||Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha||2,005||$753,880||Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea||$100,945|
PokerNews live coverage of all 54 GGPoker bracelet events is in full swing. Check out the live reporting section for more about the 2020 online WSOP
In this Series
- 1 Shoma Ishikawa Wins First WSOP Bracelet on GGPoker in Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty
- 2 Finnish Poker Legend Juha Helppi Wins Second Bracelet in Event #35: $5,000 PLO Championship
- 3 Michael "YesPlease" Clacher Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE
- 4 Hun Wei Lee Wins Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha ($161,886)
- 5 Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya Wins Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max ($171,389)
- 6 GGPoker WSOP Online Recap: Triple Crown Winner, Final Tables Confirmed and More!
- 7 Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb Wins Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship
- 8 Kristen Bicknell Wins Her Third Bracelet in Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed for $356,412
- 9 Dzivielevski Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online PLOSSUS; More Winners Crowned
- 10 Two More Winners Crowned in 2020 WSOP Online; Millionaire Maker Final Table Confirmed
- 11 Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci Wins WSOP Bracelet in Event #50: $2,100 Bounty Championship
- 12 Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha ($100,945)
- 13 Alek "astazz" Stasiak Becomes First Double-Bracelet Winner of 2020 WSOP Online
- 14 Daniel Dvoress Wins 2020 WSOP Online Event #48: $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER ($1,489,289)
- 15 High Rollers Dominate Final Four $10K Heads-Up; Crivello Captures PLO Bracelet
- 16 GGMasters Smashes $1m Guarantee as Three WSOP Online Bracelet-Winners Crowned
- 17 Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi Denies Chris Moorman Second Bracelet in 2020 WSOP Online Event #58
- 18 Another Bracelet for Brazil: Leonardo "Babaehduro" Mattos Wins WSOP Online Event #59
- 19 Orhan "yirtil" Ates Becomes First Turkish Bracelet Winner in WSOP Online Event #60
- 20 David Peters Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online Event #54: $10,000 Heads Up NLHE Championship
- 21 Ivan Zufic Bags Over $800k After Winning WSOP Online Mini Main Event
- 22 Dmytro "Too Bad" Bystrovzorov Wins WSOP Online Event #65: $600 NLHE Deepstack Championship