High Rollers Dominate Final Four $10K Heads-Up; Crivello Captures PLO Bracelet
Table Of Contents
- Addamo, Zhang, Peters Among Final Four
- Routes to the Final Four
- Frank "Sbma2016" Crivello strikes WSOP gold in Event #53: $800 Double Stack PLO
- 2020 WSOP Online Event #53: $800 Double Stack Pot Limit Omaha Final Table Results
- 2020 WSOP Online Bracelet Winners on GGPoker
- Sign Up for a GGPoker Account Through PokerNews
True to form in the skill-centric format, several high roller regs still remain alive as 128 evenly bracketed players got whittled down to a final four.
The cards are in the air in the GGPoker WSOP Online. The PokerNews live reporting team is on top of all things WSOP. Don't miss a beat!
Addamo, Zhang, Peters Among Final Four
First to book a seat was Michael Addamo. The two-time bracelet winner has been on an absolute tear of late in high roller events, and he seemed to have the easiest time rolling through the bracket. Several times, he was among the first to advance through his matches, affording him some long stretches to relax or watch scout future opponents.
Opposite Addamo will be Chi Zhang, also known as Michael Zhang. Another regular in the highest buy-in tournaments around the world, Zhang may have had the most impressive run of anyone en route to the semifinals. He dispatched the likes of Erik Seidel, GGPoker's Daniel Negreanu and Sean Winter.
On the other side of the bracket, another top player, David Peters (lead photo) emerged. It wasn't easy though, particularly his final match. That turned into a four-hour marathon against Stefan Burakov, who at one point had Peters down to two blinds. However, Peters executed a memorable comeback to book what was for a time an unlikely berth.
The lone wild card remaining fills out the fourth seat: Canadian streamer Alyssa MacDonald. An online player with only $6K of live cashes to her name, MacDonald managed to get through Mark Radoja and Ajay Chabra as well as the red-hot Belarmino De Souza in the round of eight.
Routes to the Final Four
|Michael Addamo||Michael Zhang||David Peters||Alyssa MacDonald|
|Round of 128||Connor Drinan||David Yan||Johan Guilbert||Brunno Botteon|
|Round of 64||Shota Hirao||Sean Winter||Sami Kelopuro||Mark Radoja|
|Round of 32||Gabriel Campanha||Erik Seidel||Scott Woods||Viktor Kudinov|
|Round of 16||Bertrand Grospellier||Daniel Negreanu||Sergi Reixach||Ajay Chabra|
|Round of 8||Pedro Waldburger||Chris Brewer||Stefan Burakov||Belarmino De Souza|
Players eliminated in the round of 16 and the round of eight did make the money. In addition to those listed above, Samuel Vousden, Aaron Van Blarcum, and Mike Leah were among those cashing.
The remaining players are on ice for a week until the final four plays out next Saturday. They'll battle for the bracelet and $360,480 at that point, along with a WSOPE package. Come back to PokerNews to find out who emerges as heads-up champion.
Frank "Sbma2016" Crivello strikes WSOP gold in Event #53: $800 Double Stack PLO
The fifth tournament of the Asia Time Zone during the 2020 World Series of Poker on GGPoker has a champion and it was Frank "Sbma2016" Crivello that came out top in Event #53: $800 Double Stack Pot Limit Omaha. The event attracted a total of 831 entries and generated a prize pool of $631,560, which was split among the top 116 finishers.
Crivello defeated the UK's Craig Timmis and claimed his first WSOP gold bracelet along with the top prize of $94,253, and he also receives a package for the WSOP Europe. The American had six WSOP and WSOP Circuit cashes to his name with a 40th place in the 2017 WSOP Main Event for $176,399 as the best result.
2020 WSOP Online Event #53: $800 Double Stack Pot Limit Omaha Final Table Results
|Place||Winner||Country||Prize (in USD)|
|1||Frank "Sbma2016" Crivello||United States||$94,253*|
|2||Craig Timmis||United Kingdom||$77,883|
|3||Julijan "Grgur" Rados||Croatia||$57,088|
|4||Yonathan "ninoboys80" Journo||Albania||$41,485|
|5||Tszfai "WinEasy" Tong||Hong Kong||$30,672|
|6||Jin "SharkLeeeee" Li||Hong Kong||$22,483|
|7||Markus "Phil Kessel" Cara||Canada||$16,480|
|8||Ajay "Ross_Geller" Chabra||Canada||$12,080|
|9||Pulkit "PgTilt" Goyal||India||$8,854|
*the winner also receives a package for the WSOP Europe
Timmis recorded his second top-three result in a PLO event during the festival so far and walked away $77,883 richer. The third time proved to be the charm, as both the winner and runner-up fired the maximum allowed total of three bullets.
It was a final table filled with more turns and twists than the world's most legendary serpentine roads in the mountains which culminated in the duel between the arguably most-aggressive players in the late stages. Among those to reach the final and come up short of victory were Ajay "Ross_Geller" Chabra, Markus "Phil Kessel" Cara, Yonathan "ninoboys80" Journo and Julijan "Grgur" Rados.
Notables in the money included Kahle Burns, GGPoker ambassador Daniel Negreanu, Aku Joentausta, Dzmitry Urbanovich, Mike Watson, Ami Barer, Erik Seidel, Connor Drinan, Manig Loeser, Juha Helppi and Mohsin Charania.
2020 WSOP Online Bracelet Winners on GGPoker
|7/26/20||Event #32: $100 The Opener||29,306||$2,571,216||Marcelo Jakovljevic Pudla||$265,880|
|7/26/20||Event #33: $1,111 Every 1 for Covid Relief||2,323||$2,580,853||Alek "astazz" Stasiak||$343,204|
|7/19/20||Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty No-Limit Hold'em 6-Handed||2,214||$1,107,000||Shoma "pp_syon" Ishikawa||$117,650|
|7/21/20||Event #35: $5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Championship||328||$1,558,000||Juha Helppi||$290,286|
|7/22/20||Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE||1,342||$1,912,350||Michael Clacher||$297,496|
|7/23/20||Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha||971||$971,000||Hun Wei Lee||$161,886|
|7/25/20||Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max||2,007||$1,143,990||Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya||$171,389|
|7/26/20||Event #39: $1,500 No Limit Hold'em||922||$1,313,850||Roberto Romanello||$212,613|
|7/26/20||Event #40: $2,500 Pot Limit Omaha||532||$1,253,500||Simon Lofberg||$224,493|
|8/1/20||Event #41: COLOSSUS||12,757||$4,796,632||Ranno Sootla||$595,930|
|8/1/20||Event #42: PLOSSUS||4,356||$1,637,856||Yuri Dzivieleski||$227,557|
|7/28/20||Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship||130||$1,261,000||Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb||$276,393|
|7/29/20||Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed||892||$2,118,500||Kristen Bicknell||$356,412|
|7/30/20||Event #45: $840 Bounty NLHE||2,382||$1,905,600||Patrick "Muddington" Kennedy||$245,448|
|8/1/20||Event #46: $500 Deepstack||2,307||$1,095,825||Sung Joo "ArtePokerTV" Hyun||$161,898|
|8/2/20||Event #47: $1,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em||487||$462,560||Paul Teoh||$82,202|
|8/8/20||Event #48: $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER, $5M Gtd.||6,299||$8,976,075||Daniel Dvoress||$1,489,289|
|8/2/20||Event #49: $500 Turbo Deepstack No Limit Hold'em||2,978||$1,414,550||Vladas Burneikis||$192,523|
|8/4/20||Event #50: $2,100 No Limit Hold'em Bounty Championship||1,168||$2,336,000||Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci||$327,319|
|8/5/20||Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha||2,005||$753,880||Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea||$100,945|
|8/6/20||Event #52: $1,000 NLHE||2,006||$1,905,700||Alek "astazz" Stasiak||$273,505|
|8/8/20||Event #53: $800 Double Stack Pot Limit Omaha||831||$631,560||Frank "Sbma2016" Crivello||$94,253|
Sign Up for a GGPoker Account Through PokerNews
If you want to play in the WSOP 2020 Online on GGPoker, you'll need to sign up for an account. By downloading GGPoker via PokerNews entitles you to a welcome bonus worth up to $600. Your first deposit is matched 200% up to a maximum of $600, setting you up nicely in time for the WSOP Online.
The bonus releases into your account in $10 increments each time you earn 6,000 Fish Buffet Points, which is the equivalent of $60 in rake or tournament fees.
In this Series
- 1 Shoma Ishikawa Wins First WSOP Bracelet on GGPoker in Event #34: $525 Super Turbo Bounty
- 2 Finnish Poker Legend Juha Helppi Wins Second Bracelet in Event #35: $5,000 PLO Championship
- 3 Michael "YesPlease" Clacher Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #36: $1,500 FIFTY STACK NLHE
- 4 Hun Wei Lee Wins Event #37: $1,050 Bounty Pot Limit Omaha ($161,886)
- 5 Aaron "fishnchip" Wijaya Wins Event #38: $600 Monster Stack 6-Max ($171,389)
- 6 GGPoker WSOP Online Recap: Triple Crown Winner, Final Tables Confirmed and More!
- 7 Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb Wins Event #43: $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold'em Championship
- 8 Kristen Bicknell Wins Her Third Bracelet in Event #44: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed for $356,412
- 9 Dzivielevski Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online PLOSSUS; More Winners Crowned
- 10 Two More Winners Crowned in 2020 WSOP Online; Millionaire Maker Final Table Confirmed
- 11 Enrico "GTOExploiter" Camosci Wins WSOP Bracelet in Event #50: $2,100 Bounty Championship
- 12 Eoghan "DrRoche" O'Dea Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #51: $400 Pot Limit Omaha ($100,945)
- 13 Alek "astazz" Stasiak Becomes First Double-Bracelet Winner of 2020 WSOP Online
- 14 Daniel Dvoress Wins 2020 WSOP Online Event #48: $1,500 MILLIONAIRE MAKER ($1,489,289)
- 15 High Rollers Dominate Final Four $10K Heads-Up; Crivello Captures PLO Bracelet
- 16 GGMasters Smashes $1m Guarantee as Three WSOP Online Bracelet-Winners Crowned
- 17 Ravid "jerbi9999" Garbi Denies Chris Moorman Second Bracelet in 2020 WSOP Online Event #58
- 18 Another Bracelet for Brazil: Leonardo "Babaehduro" Mattos Wins WSOP Online Event #59
- 19 Orhan "yirtil" Ates Becomes First Turkish Bracelet Winner in WSOP Online Event #60
- 20 David Peters Wins Second Bracelet in WSOP Online Event #54: $10,000 Heads Up NLHE Championship
- 21 Ivan Zufic Bags Over $800k After Winning WSOP Online Mini Main Event
- 22 Dmytro "Too Bad" Bystrovzorov Wins WSOP Online Event #65: $600 NLHE Deepstack Championship