SCOOP 2020 Day 18: Fintan "EasyWithAces" Hand Wins on Super Sunday
Table Of Contents
- PokerNews Live Reported Events
- First Day Wrapped in NLHE Main Events: SCOOP 74-L, 74-M, and 74-H
- PLO Main Events kick off as well; Linus "LLinusLLove" Loeliger Leads $10K Event
- Kanit, Schillhabel, Plesuv Among Top Stacks in SCOOP 73-H: $2,100 NLHE [Sunday Warm-Up SE]
- SCOOP 01-H, Phase #2: 27 remain out of 11,933
- Day 18 Results
- SCOOP 69-L: $11 NLHE [Afternoon Deep Stack]
- SCOOP 69-M: $11 NLHE [Afternoon Deep Stack]
- SCOOP 69-H: $1,050 NLHE [Afternoon Deep Stack]
- SCOOP 70-L: $5.50 NLHE [PKO]
- SCOOP 70-M: $55 NLHE [PKO]
- Third Career SCOOP-title for Charlie "Epiphany77" Carrel in SCOOP 70-H: $530 NLHE [PKO]
- SCOOP 76-L: $11 NLHE [Turbo, PKO, Mini Sunday Cooldown SE]
- SCOOP 76-M: $109 NLHE [Turbo, PKO, Sunday Cooldown SE]
- Second SCOOP-title for "WhatIfGod" in SCOOP 76-H: $1,505 NLHE [Turbo, PKO, Sunday Cooldown SE]
- In-Play Events
- SCOOP 01-L: $2,20 NLHE [Phase 2]
- SCOOP 01-M: $22 NLHE [Phase 2]
- SCOOP 72-L: $5.50 NLHE [PKO, Mini Sunday Kickoff SE]
- SCOOP 72-M: $55 NLHE [PKO, Sunday Kickoff SE]
- SCOOP 72-H: $530 NLHE [PKO]
- SCOOP 73-L: $22 NLHE
- SCOOP 73-M: $215 NLHE [Sunday Warm-Up SE]
- Events Scheduled on May 18
On one of the biggest nights in online poker of the year, the PokerStars 2020 Spring Championship Of Online Poker (SCOOP) Main Event Sunday, a ton of exciting stuff happened. Among the champions crowned were PokerStars ambassador Fintan "EasyWithAces" Hand, who outlasted his opponents in SCOOP 69-H: $1,050 Afternoon Deep Stack for $73,653. Charlie "Epiphany" Carrel won his third career SCOOP title in SCOOP 70-H: $530 Progressive KO for $67,469 plus a massive first-place bounty of $43,912.
The biggest event on the calendar, SCOOP 74-H: $10,300 NLHE Main Event got whittled down from 564 to 202 players on the first of four days. None other than Calvin "cal42688" Anderson sits in pole position, with big stacks for Jack "Swaggersorus" Sinclair and Pieter "XMorphineX" Aerts as well.
PokerNews live reporting was everywhere, having their biggest night since it's inception and covering over a dozen tournaments on the digital felt with eight alone on PokerStars. For detailed, blow-by-blow coverage of the marquee Sunday events, check out the PokerNews live reporting section.
The PokerNews live reporting team is on top of all things SCOOP. Don't miss a beat!
PokerNews Live Reported Events
First Day Wrapped in NLHE Main Events: SCOOP 74-L, 74-M, and 74-H
It was a relatively short day in the NLHE SCOOP Main Events as the marquee events are stretched out over four days. Late registration for all three tiers will be open right up until the start of the second day, which means total prize pool and prizes will be announced once registration closes.
The Low edition has already drawn an astonishing 43,109 entries, each ponying up $109 to create a prize pool of over $4.3M already. 11,052 of them made their way to Day 2, and it's "anarkevich" from Belarus who holds the overall chip lead after Day 1.
The medium edition came with a lofty guarantee of $5,000,000 but that one was smashed already as 6,094 entries have created a prize pool of more than $6M already, with late registration still open. Needless to say, it was a feast of recognition as the big names and plenty of hopefuls duked it out in the $1,050 edition of the Main Event.
"Fenryr03" of Moldova sits on top after Day 1, with online superstar Patrick "pads1161" Leonard not far away from the top spots.
The most prestigious event of the SCOOP has kicked off today with the SCOOP-74-H: $10,300 NLHE [8-Max, Main Event] and the initial guarantee of $5,000,000 has already been surpassed.
A very familiar face of the SCOOP series sits atop the leaderboard after 15 levels of 30 minutes each as Calvin "cal42688" Anderson, Mexico-based mixed game specialist from the United States, already had 10 titles under his belt heading into the 2020 edition. A late surge vaulted Anderson into the top spot as he accumulated 2,732,146, some of which came in a pot against Ilya "Leqenden" Anatsky in the final level of the night when the Belorussian was bluffing with queen-high into a jack-high flush.
Second in chips is Canada's "AverageGreg" with 1,963,234 followed by Tomi "elmerixx" Brouk in third with 1,788,170. Other big names in the overnight top 10 are Pavel "MountainRo$e" Veksler (1,767,303), Jack "Swaggersorus" Sinclair (1,663,720), Samuel "€urop€an" Vousden (1,654,576), as well as SCOOP / WCOOP-Champion and three-time Sunday Million champion Artem "veeea" Vezhenkov (1,502,258).
Four former SCOOP Main Event champions made it through Day 1: Sami "Lrslzk" Kelopuro (769,206) and Mustapha "lasagnaaammm" Kanit (190,895) advanced on their second bullet whereas Talal "raidalot" Shakerchi (524,117) and defending champion Gianluca "Tankanza" Speranza (220,675) required the third and final bullet to bag and tag the virtual chips.
PLO Main Events kick off as well; Linus "LLinusLLove" Loeliger Leads $10K Event
There's no shortage of offerings for PLO-aficionados during the SCOOP, but the tastiest sampling of them all was on tap last night as three Main Events ($109, $1,050, and $10,300) got their cards in the air.
The low edition has already drawn over 6,000 hopefuls, with 873 making it through to Day 2 "pokerpædagogen" of Denmark is in the lead, while notables Denis "aDrENalin710" Strebkov, Tyler "wonderboy222" Goatcher, and Julian "jutrack" Track also bagged big stacks.
In the medium edition, 253 out of 995 players made their way through to Day 2, with late registration still open up until the start of the second day. Ignat "0Human0" Liviu is second in counts after Day 1, with only "icekey88" surpassing the Romanian high-staker on the leaderboard.
It was an extended Day 1 over the course of 15 levels that saw 136 entries into Day 1 of SCOOP-75-H: $10,300 PLO (6-Max PLO Main Event). When the day was complete, only 31 players remained to move on to Day 2 and Linus "LLinusLLove" Loeliger wound up as the chip leader. Late registration is open up until the start of Day 2 to possibly make the field even bigger.
Loeliger finished the day with a stack of 2,905,441, most of which came in a massive pot in the last level of the night. Loeliger got tangled up with Christopher "Apotheosis92" Kruk in a three-bet pot that exploded on the turn. Kruk called off the majority of his stack on the turn but folded to Loeliger's shove on the river. Loeliger put it in cruise control from there while Kruk will be forced to re-enter tomorrow if he wishes to pursue the title.
The field was stacked with many recognizable pros throughout the day and many of them are still sitting near the top of the leaderboard. Gavin "gavz101" Cochrane finished the day in second place with a stack of 2,748,705 while Talal "raidalot" Shakerchi rounded out the top three with 2,166,252 chips.
Kanit, Schillhabel, Plesuv Among Top Stacks in SCOOP 73-H: $2,100 NLHE [Sunday Warm-Up SE]
Day 1 of SCOOP-73-H: $2,100 NLHE [Sunday Warm-Up SE] is in the bag, and so are the virtual chips of the 37 remaining players from a total field of 501. Though the tournament began nine hours ago with fewer players in their seats than survived to Day 2 (36), late registration brought interest that comfortably surpassed the $750,000 guarantee: the final prize pool totalled $1,002,000, with $177,965 set aside for the eventual winner.
Leading the Day 2 players (who will reconvene to play to a winner at 6:05 pm WET/1:05 pm ET on Monday) is “zivziv” with 3,684,880 chips, half a million clear of current second place“boerni21”. The latter had risen to the top of the counts mid-way through the day, only relinquishing his grip on the top spot during the last levels. Stefan "baeks22" Schillhabel lies in third, with 2,933,699 chips; the only other players to have finished the day with over two million chips are Mustapha "lasagnaaammm" Kanit and Pavel "silentm0de" Plesuv. Kanit had an especially dramatic end to his Day 1 run, out-flipping Joao "Naza114" Vieira in a huge ace-king vs. queens pot (all in preflop). His spike of two pair eliminated Vieira in the closing minutes of the day and propelled him into fourth in chips overall.
SCOOP 01-H, Phase #2: 27 remain out of 11,933
The first event of the SCOOP is finally drawing to its conclusion as the Phase event with many starting days had their Day 2 yesterday. In SCOOP-01-H, 27 out of a field of 11,933 made it through on the penultimate day, each of them locking up $5,715 already. The biggest slice of $225,009 will be up for grabs on Tuesday, and it's "chininhaltig" who has the best papers to do so as the chip leader.
Luke "Bit2Easy" Reeves, Michael "merla888" Gathy, and Shawn "buck21" Buchanan will also be back on the final day.
Day 18 Results
Besides the big Main Events that kicked off, there was plenty of other action at PokerStars. Check out all the winners from Day 18 right here!
SCOOP 69-L: $11 NLHE [Afternoon Deep Stack]
SCOOP 69-M: $11 NLHE [Afternoon Deep Stack]
SCOOP 69-H: $1,050 NLHE [Afternoon Deep Stack]
Twitch-streamer and PokerStars ambassador Fintan "EasyWithAces" Hand scored a massive victory on Sunday night in front of a jubilant Twitch-chat (and saving Benjamin "Spraggy" Spragg's Sunday in the process). Hand finished the tournament style by clicking the check/call any button, expecting heads-up opponent Antoine "A.Saout" Saout to do exactly what he ended up doing. Watch the clip below!
|1||Fintan "EasyWithAces" Hand||Ireland||$73,653|
|2||Antoine "A.Saout" Saout||United Kingdom||$55,195|
|6||Tom "hitthehole" Middleton||United Kingdom||$17,408|
SCOOP 70-L: $5.50 NLHE [PKO]
SCOOP 70-M: $55 NLHE [PKO]
Third Career SCOOP-title for Charlie "Epiphany77" Carrel in SCOOP 70-H: $530 NLHE [PKO]
|Winner||Charlie "Epiphany77" Carrel|
There was a third SCOOP-title for Charlie "Epiphany77" Carrel on Sunday night, who defeated a field of 2,112 hopefuls for a six-figure ship. Carrel won the SCOOP Main Event back in 2017 and recently did an in-depth sitdown with PokerNews to talk about all things SCOOP and what he's been up to lately.
SCOOP 76-L: $11 NLHE [Turbo, PKO, Mini Sunday Cooldown SE]
SCOOP 76-M: $109 NLHE [Turbo, PKO, Sunday Cooldown SE]
|Winner||Bjorn "bokkie87" Verbakel (Netherlands)|
Second SCOOP-title for "WhatIfGod" in SCOOP 76-H: $1,505 NLHE [Turbo, PKO, Sunday Cooldown SE]
A massive $150K was collected by Sweden's "WhatIfGod", who won his second SCOOP-title of the 2020 series by winning the late-night Turbo Sunday Cooldown. Nearly half of the prize came by collecting bounties along the way, including his own massive bounty at the end. "WhatIfGod"'s earlier victory this series was also in a Turbo PKO event.
READ MORE: Must Read: SCOOP Top Tips From the Pros
SCOOP 01-L: $2,20 NLHE [Phase 2]
|Chip leader||Philsdopoker (Brazil)|
SCOOP 01-M: $22 NLHE [Phase 2]
|Chip leader||Jackerzzzzzz (United Kingdom)|
SCOOP 72-L: $5.50 NLHE [PKO, Mini Sunday Kickoff SE]
|Chip leader||kinglefty69 (Greece)|
SCOOP 72-M: $55 NLHE [PKO, Sunday Kickoff SE]
|Chip leader||motokim (Japan)|
SCOOP 72-H: $530 NLHE [PKO]
|Chip leader||FreeLancerZZ (Malta)|
SCOOP 73-L: $22 NLHE
|Chip leader||Jc9c (Finland)|
SCOOP 73-M: $215 NLHE [Sunday Warm-Up SE]
|Chip leader||heyalisson (Brazil)|
Events Scheduled on May 18
Late registration for five of the six SCOOP Main Events will be open right up until the start of Day 2, which is at 5:05 p.m. GMT / 1 p.m. EDT for all NLHE Main Events and 7:30 p.m. GMT / 3:30 p.m. EDT for the medium and high PLO Main Events. In addition, six new events will kick off at the following times.
|Time (EDT)||Time (GMT)||Tournament||Guarantee|
|2:15 p.m.||6:15 p.m.||SCOOP-77-L: $11 NLHE [Progressive KO]||$275,000|
|2:15 p.m.||6:15 p.m.||SCOOP-77-M: $109 NLHE [Progressive KO]||$850,000|
|2:15 p.m.||6:15 p.m.||SCOOP-77-H: $1,050 NLHE [Progressive KO]||$1,000,000|
|3:30 p.m.||7:30 p.m.||SCOOP-78-L: $22 NLHE||$125,000|
|3:30 p.m.||7:30 p.m.||SCOOP-78-M: $215 NLHE||$250,000|
|3:30 p.m.||7:30 p.m.||SCOOP-78-H: $2,100 NLHE||$300,000|
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews
In this Series
- 1 SCOOP 2020 Day 1: First Champions Of The Series Crowned
- 2 SCOOP 2020 Day 2: Jorryt "TheCleaner11" van Hoof Wins Thursday Thrill SE ($176,104)
- 3 SCOOP 2020 Day 3: Fifth SCOOP Title for Benny Glaser; Tied Third All-Time
- 4 SCOOP 2020 Day 4: Adam Owen, Conor Beresford Among Sunday Winners
- 5 SCOOP 2020: Day 5: Schemion and Martiroysan Bag Titles
- 6 SCOOP 2020 Day 6: Former Main Event Champ Shakerchi Wins Fourth Title
- 7 SCOOP 2020 Day 7: Big Wins for Mustapha Kanit and Luke Reeves
- 8 SCOOP 2020: Day 8: Martirosyan and Filatov Among the New Champions
- 9 SCOOP 2020 Day 9: Joao "Naza114" Vieira Wins Fourth Scoop Title
- 10 SCOOP 2020 Day 10: Get the Latest SCOOP News Here!
- 11 SCOOP 2020 Day 11: Third SCOOP Title for Connor "blanconegro" Drinan
- 12 SCOOP 2020 Day 12: Huge Scores Galore As Intensity Ramps Up
- 13 SCOOP 2020 Day 13: Andras "probirs" Nemeth Leads 25K High Roller
- 14 SCOOP 2020 Day 14: Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer Wins 25K High Roller
- 15 SCOOP 2020 Day 15: Drinan Wins Again, Ties All-Time SCOOP Record
- 16 SCOOP 2020 Day 16: Mike "SirWatts" Watson Bags Overnight Chip Lead in Two Events
- 17 SCOOP 2020 Day 17: Saturday SCOOP Action Ahead of Super Sunday
- 18 SCOOP 2020 Day 18: Fintan "EasyWithAces" Hand Wins on Super Sunday
- 19 SCOOP 2020 Day 19: Huge Wins For Ravnsbaek and Plesuv
- 20 SCOOP 2020 Day 20: Another Title for Drinan; Main Event Final Tables Confirmed
- 21 SCOOP 2020 Day 21: Main Event Winners Crowned; Titles for Mateos & O'Dwyer
- 22 SCOOP 2020 Day 22: Rui Sousa Bags Huge Thursday Thrill Chip Lead
- 23 SCOOP 2020 Day 23: Kenny "SpaceyFCB" Hallaert Wins Third SCOOP Title
- 24 SCOOP 2020 Day 24: Leonard, Nitsche Win Titles Ahead of Big Sunday
- 25 SCOOP 2020 Day 25: Main Event Second Chances Underway, "Graftekkel" Leads
- 26 SCOOP 2020 Day 26: Andrew "ClockWyze" Pantling Wins $5,200 PLO Event
- 27 SCOOP 2020 Day 27: Pascal "Pass_72" Lefrancois Wins Main Event 2nd Chance
- 28 SCOOP 2020 Day 28: Ole Schemion Wins $10k High Roller, Fourth SCOOP Title
- 29 SCOOP 2020 Day 29: Midweek Title for Matthias Eibinger
- 30 SCOOP 2020 Day 30: Mike "SirWatts" Watson Claims Sixth SCOOP Title
- 31 SCOOP 2020 Day 31: Soccer Star Neymar Jr. Makes Deep Run
- 32 SCOOP 2020 Day 32: Steve O’Dwyer Leads $2.1K Sunday Warm-Up
- 33 SCOOP 2020 Day 33: Joao "IneedMassari" Simao Wins on Final Day