SCOOP 2020 Day 14: Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer Wins 25K High Roller
Table Of Contents
- PokerNews Live Reported Events
- Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer Defeats Andras "probirs" Nemeth in SCOOP-52-H: $25,000 NLHE [8-Max, Super High Roller]
- Veldhuis Among Big Stacks; "BOOGANDEHAH" Leads Last 20 in SCOOP-57-H: $5,200 NLHE [High Roller]
- Eight Players Will Return for Day 2 of SCOOP-58-H: $2,100 NLHE [Heads-Up]
- Day 14 Results
- SCOOP 52-L: $215 NLHE [8-Max]
- Nemeth Does It In SCOOP 52-M: $215 NLHE [8-Max]
- SCOOP 53-L: $22 PLO8 [6-Max]
- SCOOP 53-M: $215 PLO8 [6-Max]
- SCOOP 53-H: $2,100 PLO8 [6-Max]
- SCOOP 54-L: $11 NLHE
- SCOOP 54-M: $109 NLHE
- SCOOP 54-H: $1,050 NLHE
- In-Play Events
- SCOOP 52-L: $215 NLHE
- SCOOP 56-L: $11 HORSE
- SCOOP 56-M: $109 HORSE
- SCOOP 56-H: $1,050 HORSE
- SCOOP 57-L: $55 NLHE
- SCOOP 57-M: $530 NLHE
- SCOOP 58-L: $22 NLHE [Heads-Up]
- SCOOP 58-M: $215 NLHE [Heads-Up]
- SCOOP 59-L: $11 NLHE [Progressive KO]
- SCOOP 59-M: $109 NLHE [Progressive KO]
- SCOOP 59-H: $1,050 NLHE [Progressive KO]
- Events Scheduled on May 14
Day 14 was a massive day at the PokerStars 2020 Spring Championship Of Online Poker (SCOOP). The $25,000 Super High Roller crowned a winner in none other than high stakes legend Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer, while the 'Beaker-army' of popular streamer and PokerStars ambassador Lex "L. Veldhuis" Veldhuis went nuts when their champion made it to the final 20 of the $5,200 High Roller.
Andras "probirs" Nemeth finished runner-up to O'Dwyer in the 25K High Roller for an incredible $403,096 payday. His hunger wasn't stilled, though, as Nemeth wrapped up SCOOP-52-M: $2,100 NLHE after for $157,735. An incredible day for the Hungarian professional, who won his third SCOOP-title and over half a million dollar total.
A total of nine champions were crowned on Wednesday, while several other interesting tournaments will be played out tonight. Read everything about what happened in the digital waters in our daily SCOOP recap!
The PokerNews live reporting team is on top of all things SCOOP. Don't miss a beat!
PokerNews Live Reported Events
Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer Defeats Andras "probirs" Nemeth in SCOOP-52-H: $25,000 NLHE [8-Max, Super High Roller]
Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer has taken down the PokerStars 2020 SCOOP 52-H: $25,000 Super High Roller for $521,598 by defeating Andras "probirs" Nemeth heads-up in a field of 89 entries which created a prize pool of $2,182,725.
O'Dwyer has already collected over $6 million in online cashes and $30 million in live tournament cashes, this poker superstar has been around for a while and can always be found at the top of the results in any of the tournaments around the world and online.
|1||Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer||Ireland||$521,598|
|2||Andras "probirs" Nemeth||Hungary||$403,096|
|3||Chun Lei "SamRostan" Zhou||Macau||$311,517|
|4||Joao "Naza114" Vieira||Portugal||$240,744|
|5||Talal "raidalot" Shakerchi||United Kingdom||$186,049|
|6||Vyacheslav "VbV1990" Buldygin||Russia||$143,781|
|7||Ole "wizowizo" Schemion||Germany||$111,115|
|8||Fedor "CrownUpGuy" Holz||Germany||$85,871|
|9||Samuel "€urop€an" Vousden||Finland||$68,778|
A crucial hand towards O'Dwyer's victory happened with seven players remaining. Short-stacked, the American transplant four-bet shoved allin with ace-queen after Ole "wizowizo" Schemion had opened and Nemeth had three-bet. Schemion then five-bet shoved pocket kings, only to be met by a snap call from Nemeth with pocket aces. The flop, however, brought two queens to secure a triple-up for O'Dwyer, while Schemion was gone in seventh.
O'Dwyer rode that good fortune all the way to a three-handed battle with Nemeth and Chun Lei "SamRostan" Zhou that lasted for several hours. Nemeth then took out Zhou and started the heads-up with a 2:1 chip lead, but O'Dwyer got back into it to overtake the lead. In the final hand, Nemeth's ace-king fell to O'Dwyers king-ten when the latter rivered a ten to secure the victory.
Veldhuis Among Big Stacks; "BOOGANDEHAH" Leads Last 20 in SCOOP-57-H: $5,200 NLHE [High Roller]
It was a long day at the online tables for all those what wanted to ensure a slice of the $1,000,000 prize pool in the latest PokerStars 2020 Spring Championship of Online Poker Event High Roller event. Ultimately it took nearly eight and a half hours to whittle down a field of 184 entries to the final 20 in SCOOP-57-H: $5,200 NLHE [High Roller] and conclude Day 1 once the money bubble had burst.
Among those returning for Day 2 will also be PokerStars ambassador Lex "L. Veldhuis" Veldhuis and he has the fourth-biggest stack out of all those that advanced with 4,421,903 to his name. The Dutchman streamed the action and unlike previous High Roller tournaments of the 2020 SCOOP, he entered late and all three major setup hands in the later stages ended in his favor this time.
Veldhuis scored a massive pot when he turned quads sevens to beat the top full house kings over sevens of Samuel "€urop€an" Vousden. His straight and flush draw then got there to crack the aces of Naoya "nkeyno" Kihara and he turned a king-high straight with a flush draw to send Juan "Malaka$tyle" Pardo with a set of nines to the rail.
Three players in particular dominated the bubble action as Canada's "BOOGANDEHAH" (6,312,129), Dutchman Job "DeadNylan" Greben (5,860,740), and Hungary's "xnrobix" (4,999,639) hold the top three spots. Plenty of other notables are in contention, however, and it won't be an easy ride for any of the remaining 20 contenders to earn the next SCOOP title.
Eight Players Will Return for Day 2 of SCOOP-58-H: $2,100 NLHE [Heads-Up]
Day 1 of the PokerStars 2020 SCOOP-58-H: $2,100 NLHE [Heads-Up] is over, and after more than seven hours of play, there are just eight players left in the field. Those are the players that won all their heads-up clashes and managed to reach the end of Day 1, securing a place into the money and returning tomorrow for a run into the first prize.
The event had a cap of 128 players and 119 were registered at the start of the day, with no late registration available. The guaranteed prize pool was $200,000 but the event managed to surpass it, reaching 238,000. Many familiar names managed to advance to Day 2 and the list consists of Joris "BillLewinsky" Ruijs, Dominik "Bounatirou" Nitsche, Francisco "Tomatee" Benitez, Connor "blanconegro" Drinan, "CatLover666", "Grindation", "fetopoker1", and "wubblepig".
Day 14 Results
Besides O'Dwyer and Nemeth, seven more players were crowned SCOOP-champions on Wednesday. Here are all the results from the non-live reported tournaments.
SCOOP 52-L: $215 NLHE [8-Max]
Nemeth Does It In SCOOP 52-M: $215 NLHE [8-Max]
Andras "probirs" Nemeth missed out on his third SCOOP title in the 25K High Roller but had another ace up his sleeve on Wednesday. In SCOOP 52-M: $2,100 NLHE [8-Max], the Hungarian pro did close it out, defeating a 440-player field to add $157,735 and a title to an already incredible night.
Ireland's "ArtHouse2011" finished runner-up and received $117,239, while Sergi "srxakgirona" Reixach had to settle for bronze and $87,141. BOOGANDEHAH finished in fifth place on top of grabbing the chip lead in the $5,200 High Roller.
|1||Andras "probirs" Nemeth||Hungary||$157,735|
|3||Sergi "srxakgirona" Reixach||Spain||$87,141|
|4||Simon "IgorKarkarof" Ronnow Pedersen||Denmark||$64,769|
|6||Alex "dynoalot" DiFelice||Canada||$35,782|
|7||Marton "noirduck" Czuczor||Hungary||$26,596|
SCOOP 53-L: $22 PLO8 [6-Max]
|Winner||Kashmir_uzi (United Kingdom)|
SCOOP 53-M: $215 PLO8 [6-Max]
|Winner||Tobias "Senkel92" Leknes (Norway)|
SCOOP 53-H: $2,100 PLO8 [6-Max]
|Winner||Patrick "pads1161" Leonard (United Kingdom)|
UK's Patrick "pads1161" Leonard closed out the $2,100 PLO8 after chip leading the event on the first day. Leonard received $52,606 for his efforts. Runner-up was Yuri "theNERGguy" Martins, who collected $40,346.
SCOOP 54-L: $11 NLHE
SCOOP 54-M: $109 NLHE
SCOOP 54-H: $1,050 NLHE
|Winner||Tyler "wonderboy222" Goatcher (United Kingdom)|
Joris "BillLewinsky" Ruijs finished runner-up for $80,160 while also making the final eight of the $2,100 Heads-Up, which will play out on Thursday.
SCOOP 52-L: $215 NLHE
|Chip leader||nikolaaa1234 (Bulgaria)|
SCOOP 56-L: $11 HORSE
|Chip leader||kevinhsv1887 (Germany)|
SCOOP 56-M: $109 HORSE
|Chip leader||alex987 (Russia)|
SCOOP 56-H: $1,050 HORSE
|Chip leader||Skint Paddy (Ireland)|
SCOOP 57-L: $55 NLHE
|Chip leader||16bobco (Slovakia)|
SCOOP 57-M: $530 NLHE
|Chip leader||Michael "merla888" Gathy (Belgium)|
SCOOP 58-L: $22 NLHE [Heads-Up]
SCOOP 58-M: $215 NLHE [Heads-Up]
SCOOP 59-L: $11 NLHE [Progressive KO]
|Chip leader||prinzessQUEEN (Germany)|
SCOOP 59-M: $109 NLHE [Progressive KO]
|Chip leader||damianofj10 (Germany)|
SCOOP 59-H: $1,050 NLHE [Progressive KO]
|Chip leader||Jorryt "TheCleaner11" van Hoof (Netherlands)|
READ MORE: Must Read: SCOOP Top Tips From the Pros
Events Scheduled on May 14
Five new events with three tiers each will kick off on Thursday, May 14, while PokerNews live coverage will be right on top of three of the events that finish tonight as well.
Want to join in on the poker fun? Download PokerStars today and jump right into the action!
|Time (GMT)||Time (EDT)||Buy-in||Name||Guarantee|
|14:30||10:30||$11||SCOOP 60-L NLHE||$125,000|
|14:30||10:30||$109||SCOOP 60-M NLHE||$250,000|
|14:30||10:30||$1,050||SCOOP 60-H NLHE||$300,000|
|16:05||12:05||$11||SCOOP 61-L Limit Omaha Hi-Lo||$35,000|
|16:05||12:05||$109||SCOOP 61-M Limit Omaha Hi-Lo||$60,000|
|16:05||12:05||$1,050||SCOOP 61-H Limit Omaha Hi-Lo||$100,000|
|17:00||13:00||$55||SCOOP 62-L NLHE, Progressive KO||$750,000|
|17:00||13:00||$530||SCOOP 62-M NLHE, Progressive KO||$1,000,000|
|17:00||13:00||$5,200||SCOOP 62-H NLHE, Progressive KO||$1,000,000|
|18:15||14:15||$11||SCOOP 63-L Razz||$30,000|
|18:15||14:15||$109||SCOOP 63-M Razz||$50,000|
|18:15||14:15||$1,050||SCOOP 63-H Razz||$100,000|
|19:30||15:30||$22||SCOOP 64-L NLHE||$100,000|
|19:30||15:30||$215||SCOOP 64-M NLHE||$200,000|
|19:30||15:30||$2,100||SCOOP 64-H NLHE||$500,000|
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews
In this Series
- 1 SCOOP 2020 Day 1: First Champions Of The Series Crowned
- 2 SCOOP 2020 Day 2: Jorryt "TheCleaner11" van Hoof Wins Thursday Thrill SE ($176,104)
- 3 SCOOP 2020 Day 3: Fifth SCOOP Title for Benny Glaser; Tied Third All-Time
- 4 SCOOP 2020 Day 4: Adam Owen, Conor Beresford Among Sunday Winners
- 5 SCOOP 2020: Day 5: Schemion and Martiroysan Bag Titles
- 6 SCOOP 2020 Day 6: Former Main Event Champ Shakerchi Wins Fourth Title
- 7 SCOOP 2020 Day 7: Big Wins for Mustapha Kanit and Luke Reeves
- 8 SCOOP 2020: Day 8: Martirosyan and Filatov Among the New Champions
- 9 SCOOP 2020 Day 9: Joao "Naza114" Vieira Wins Fourth Scoop Title
- 10 SCOOP 2020 Day 10: Get the Latest SCOOP News Here!
- 11 SCOOP 2020 Day 11: Third SCOOP Title for Connor "blanconegro" Drinan
- 12 SCOOP 2020 Day 12: Huge Scores Galore As Intensity Ramps Up
- 13 SCOOP 2020 Day 13: Andras "probirs" Nemeth Leads 25K High Roller
- 14 SCOOP 2020 Day 14: Steve "Mr. Tim Caum" O'Dwyer Wins 25K High Roller
- 15 SCOOP 2020 Day 15: Drinan Wins Again, Ties All-Time SCOOP Record
- 16 SCOOP 2020 Day 16: Mike "SirWatts" Watson Bags Overnight Chip Lead in Two Events
- 17 SCOOP 2020 Day 17: Saturday SCOOP Action Ahead of Super Sunday
- 18 SCOOP 2020 Day 18: Fintan "EasyWithAces" Hand Wins on Super Sunday
- 19 SCOOP 2020 Day 19: Huge Wins For Ravnsbaek and Plesuv
- 20 SCOOP 2020 Day 20: Another Title for Drinan; Main Event Final Tables Confirmed
- 21 SCOOP 2020 Day 21: Main Event Winners Crowned; Titles for Mateos & O'Dwyer
- 22 SCOOP 2020 Day 22: Rui Sousa Bags Huge Thursday Thrill Chip Lead
- 23 SCOOP 2020 Day 23: Kenny "SpaceyFCB" Hallaert Wins Third SCOOP Title
- 24 SCOOP 2020 Day 24: Leonard, Nitsche Win Titles Ahead of Big Sunday
- 25 SCOOP 2020 Day 25: Main Event Second Chances Underway, "Graftekkel" Leads
- 26 SCOOP 2020 Day 26: Andrew "ClockWyze" Pantling Wins $5,200 PLO Event
- 27 SCOOP 2020 Day 27: Pascal "Pass_72" Lefrancois Wins Main Event 2nd Chance
- 28 SCOOP 2020 Day 28: Ole Schemion Wins $10k High Roller, Fourth SCOOP Title
- 29 SCOOP 2020 Day 29: Midweek Title for Matthias Eibinger
- 30 SCOOP 2020 Day 30: Mike "SirWatts" Watson Claims Sixth SCOOP Title
- 31 SCOOP 2020 Day 31: Soccer Star Neymar Jr. Makes Deep Run
- 32 SCOOP 2020 Day 32: Steve O’Dwyer Leads $2.1K Sunday Warm-Up
- 33 SCOOP 2020 Day 33: Joao "IneedMassari" Simao Wins on Final Day