Ivey Stories Ep. 5: Jason Mercier Teaches Phil Ivey the "Mini" Raise
Back with the fifth episode of Ivey Stories, the PokerNews team reached out to Jason Mercier so that he could tell us one of his favorite moments with Phil Ivey.
Top poker players aren't often ones to divulge all of their secrets, but Ivey and Mercier have exchanged some information amongst themselves over the years. In this edition of Ivey Stories, Mercier describes the time he taught Ivey about the simple, yet effective min-raise. Only to Ivey, it's called the "mini-raise."
Be sure to stay tuned for more episodes of Ivey Stories.
In this Series
- 1 Ivey Stories Ep. 1: Ivey Proves To Be a Quick Study
- 2 Ivey Stories Ep. 2: Betting Big On the Golf Course
- 3 Ivey Stories Ep. 3: Early Days in Atlantic City as "Jerome"
- 4 Ivey Stories Ep. 4: You Can't Bluff Phil Ivey
- 5 Ivey Stories Ep. 5: Jason Mercier Teaches Phil Ivey the "Mini" Raise
- 6 Ivey Stories Ep. 6: How Ivey Won $12 Million and Saved the Poker World
- 7 Ivey Stories Ep. 7: Picking Phil Ivey's Screen Name
- 8 Ivey Stories Ep. 8: Ivey's First Bracelet Win with Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott
- 9 Ivey Stories Ep. 9: Pat and Mel Humphries Friends from the Beginning
- 10 Ivey Stories Ep. 10: Phil Ivey Gets Slapped Across the Face by Daniel Negreanu