Ivey Stories Ep. 1: Ivey Proves To Be a Quick Study
Phil Ivey is an enigma. He doesn't often do interviews, he doesn't seek the limelight, and he doesn't often open up about his personal life. It may be hard to pin him down for an interview or get some insight into his life, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of others out there willing to tell us a good Ivey story.
Recently, PokerNews began its newest series, appropriately named Ivey Stories. In this first episode, Remko Rinkema chatted with Abe Mosseri, one of Ivey's good friends and a fellow high-stakes cash-game player. In the video, Mosseri tells us a story that proves just how much of a quick study Ivey is, and you can check it out below.
Be sure to stay tuned for more episodes of Ivey Stories.
In this Series
- 1 Ivey Stories Ep. 1: Ivey Proves To Be a Quick Study
- 2 Ivey Stories Ep. 2: Betting Big On the Golf Course
- 3 Ivey Stories Ep. 3: Early Days in Atlantic City as "Jerome"
- 4 Ivey Stories Ep. 4: You Can't Bluff Phil Ivey
- 5 Ivey Stories Ep. 5: Jason Mercier Teaches Phil Ivey the "Mini" Raise
- 6 Ivey Stories Ep. 6: How Ivey Won $12 Million and Saved the Poker World
- 7 Ivey Stories Ep. 7: Picking Phil Ivey's Screen Name
- 8 Ivey Stories Ep. 8: Ivey's First Bracelet Win with Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott
- 9 Ivey Stories Ep. 9: Pat and Mel Humphries Friends from the Beginning
- 10 Ivey Stories Ep. 10: Phil Ivey Gets Slapped Across the Face by Daniel Negreanu