Phil Ivey Appears in Car Commercial for 2015 Chrysler 300
It's not everyday that a poker player is able to receive mainstream recognition, no matter how famous within the industry. For Phil Ivey, though, the recognition has become more and more real as his career continues, latest evidenced by his appearance in the launch video titled The Kings & Queens of America that sparks the start of Chrysler's new Drive Proud campaign for the 2015 Chrysler 300.
Ivey holds plenty of poker titles, including 10 World Series of Poker gold bracelets and one World Poker Tour title, plus he's won millions upon millions of dollars in cash games around the world. Now, he appears in this commercial at he 32-second mark alongside NBA assistant coach Becky Hammon, Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian, jewelry designers Mercedes Yvette and Tiffany Schrade, sportswear company founder Lynn Le, restaurant owner Caroline Styne, furniture designer Nolen Niu, hoteliers Avi Brosh and Andrew Sasson, photographer Kwaku Alston, novelist Smith Henderson, and martial artist Shawn Williams.
"The Chrysler brand celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit of Americans who refuse to give up, dedicate themselves to a craft, and have the guts to turn dreams into reality," said Olivier Francois, who serves as the company's chief marketing officer. "Our latest homage to the relentless and proud is The Kings and Queens of America, where we recognize nobility not as a birthright but an earned designation. Because meaningful success doesn't appear magically on a silver platter; it is earned and should be rewarded. The crown jewel in this case being the new Chrysler 300 — a car crafted with them in mind."
The opening video of the campaign is narrated by Peter Dinklage from the Game of Thrones and began airing nationally in the US on Thursday, April 9, 2015.
In this Series
- 1 Ivey Claims He Used "Edge Sorting" in £7.8 Million Lawsuit With Crockfords
- 2 Top 10 Stories of 2013: #10, Ivey, Kagawa, Smith, and Others Face Legal Trouble
- 3 Borgata Files $9.6 Million Lawsuit Against Phil Ivey for Alleged Baccarat Cheating
- 4 Details Emerge in Borgata's Lawsuit Against Phil Ivey
- 5 Sorting Out the Law Behind Phil Ivey's Edge Sorting Debacle at Borgata
- 6 Phil Ivey Files Motion to Dismiss Borgata Lawsuit, Claims Win Was "All Skill"
- 7 Ivey's Edge-Sorting Accomplice, Cheng Yin Sun, Files Lawsuit Against Foxwoods
- 8 Breaking Down the Legality of Cheung Yin Sun's Edge-Sorting Lawsuit Against Foxwoods
- 9 Phil Ivey to Discuss "Edge Sorting" Lawsuits on 60 Minutes
- 10 Phil Ivey Loses £7.7 Million "Edge Sorting" Court Battle Against Crockfords Casino
- 11 Phil Ivey Appeals Against Crockford’s Ruling
- 12 Top 10 Stories of 2014: #2, Phil Ivey Endures More Legal Drama
- 13 Judge Rules Borgata Lawsuit Against Phil Ivey Can Proceed
- 14 Phil Ivey Appears in Car Commercial for 2015 Chrysler 300
- 15 Foxwoods Survives Edge Sorting Lawsuit from Phil Ivey's "Queen of Sorts" Accomplice
- 16 Phil Ivey Files Countersuit Against Borgata Regarding $9.6M in Baccarat Winnings
- 17 Highlights from Ivey/Borgata Deposition: Booze, Pretty Cocktail Waitresses and More
- 18 Borgata Contests Phil Ivey Counter-Claims
- 19 Ivey Granted Permission to Appeal £7.8 Million Edge-Sorting Case Against Crockfords
- 20 Phil Ivey's £7.8 Million Appeal in Crockfords Case Began Yesterday
- 21 Court Opinion Split on Phil Ivey's $9.6M Baccarat Win
- 22 Phil Ivey Contests Borgata Request for His Baccarat Winnings
- 23 Court Orders Phil Ivey to Return $10.1M to Borgata
- 24 The Mysterious Year for Phil Ivey
- 25 Poker Pro Phil Ivey Will Try to Appeal Borgata $10M Ruling
- 26 UK Supreme Court Grants Phil Ivey Permission to Appeal Crockfords Case
- 27 Phil Ivey Loses £7.7M Supreme Court Appeal in London Edge Sorting Case
- 28 Top 10 Stories of 2017, #7: Phil Ivey Loses $19 Million in Court Battles
- 29 Gemaco Playing Cards Off the Hook in Borgata Ivey Edge-Sorting Debacle
- 30 Phil Ivey Looks to Delay Payment of $10.1M to Borgata